- This event has passed.
2021 Culham Summer School
06 September 2021 to 17 September 2021
About the 2021 Culham Summer School
The 58th Culham Plasma Physics Summer School is open to applications.
The school will cover fundamental plasma physics and important topics in fusion, astrophysical, laser and low-temperature plasmas.
The Summer School aims to provide an introduction to the fundamental principles of plasma physics, together with a broad understanding of its fields of application. It assumes no previous knowledge of the subject, but familiarity with electromagnetism and applied mathematics at first degree level will be helpful.
Lecturers are drawn from UKAEA’s Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory and leading European universities. All are renowned experts in their fields. The course is directed and supervised by Dr. Michael Fitzgerald and is co-ordinated by Mr. Andrew Wise.
Good to know
- Special arrangements are being made this year to allow for COVID-19.
- For more details and to apply, visit culhamsummerschool.org.uk
- Discount for early registrations before 02 July 2021
- The deadline for applications is 30 July 2021
- Students must be over 18 to attend the summer school and generally will be in their final year of undergraduate or first year of post graduate study.