- This event has passed.
A Festive Day Out With Thomas
30 November 2019
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until 22 December 2019
About A Festive Day Out With Thomas
Peep peep! Join Thomas & Friends for a day of family fun at Didcot Railway Centre. Take a steam train ride to meet Father Christmas in a wonderfully decorated festive station; ride in a train of vintage carriages pulled by Thomas himself; see The Fat Controller as he keeps a close eye on proceedings, and say hello to Sodor Station Sweepers, Rusty and Dusty.
- Meet Father Christmas in his grotto - there's a wrapped present for every child
- Unlimited train rides behind Thomas
- Ride on another steam train
- Meet The Fat Controller and ask him to sign your Junior Engineer Certificate!
- Watch re-enactments of classic Thomas stories with The Fat Controller
- Entertainment from Rusty and Dusty
- Other Thomas & Friends-themed activities
- Balloon modellers
Gates open at 9:30 am and the fun continues until 3:30 pm - you will need to reserve a time for your train ride to meet Father Christmas but you can arrive anytime from 9:30 am and stay as long as you wish!
A Festive Day Out With Thomas runs on the following dates:
Saturday 30 November & Sunday 1 December
Saturday 7 & Sunday 8 December
Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 December
Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 December
Admission prices, which include rides on the trains and other activities are:
Adults - £16.00
Children aged 1 to 15 years - £16.00 (includes a present from Father Christmas)
Over 60s - £15.00
Good to know
- Great Western Society Members will be charged as follows: Adults - £5.00, Children aged 1 to 15 years - £16.00 (includes a present from Father Christmas), and over 60s - £5.00. GWS members should book directly with the Railway Centre Office, as these tickets are not available online.
- Family membership cannot be purchased in place of admission fee on Day Out With Thomas days.
- Special admission offers including child free, money off, 2 for 1 and Tesco Clubcard vouchers may not be used for 'Day Out With Thomas' events.
- The last scheduled steam train run to Father Christmas' grotto is at 3:00 pm on each day of operation and you should arrive at the Railway Centre by 2:30 pm to ensure you are on the platform in good time.
- Buggy Parks are provided by the entrance to both train rides and outside the restaurant.
- The entrance to the Railway Centre is through the ticket hall and original steam-age subway of Didcot Parkway railway station and includes a flight of 18 steps.
- Wheelchair users and visitors with limited mobility should consult the Didcot Railway Centre Accessibility Page.
- Dogs (except assistance dogs) are not permitted at Day Out With Thomas days.
- Further Terms and Conditions regarding the event can be found on MATTEL website.