Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter’s Christmas Tea Party at Christ Church Cathedral
Join us in the Great Hall for a Mad Hatter’s tea party with a festive twist. The tea includes a selection of sandwiches, cakes and tarts, all carefully crafted by our chefs to reflect our unique associations with Alice in Wonderland. The Hall will also be decorated for the season with a large Wonderland inspired Christmas tree as its focus – How many connections can you find?
Tea will be served at 3:00 pm with up to 30 guests and includes a talk on the author and his extraordinary stories. There is an optional pre-tea Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Christ Church, which will include an explanation of the many Christ Church associations which inspired Lewis Carroll’s Alice stories.
A Selection of Teas
A Selection of Sandwiches: Smoked Salmon; Egg Mayonnaise; Brie and Cranberry; Chicken, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
Scone with Clotted Cream and Strawberry Jam
‘Eat Me’ Fancy
‘Drink Me’ Thirst-Quencher
Chocolate Pocket Watch
Wonderland Christmas Lollies
Afternoon Tea and Talk commencing at 3:00 pm: £25.00 per person.
Afternoon Tea and Talk with a glass of Champagne commencing at 3:00 pm: £35.00 per person.
Afternoon Tea and Talk with Behind-the-Scenes Tour commencing at 1:45 pm: £37.00 per person.
Afternoon Tea and Talk with a glass of Champagne and Behind-the-Sceness Tour commencing at 1:45 pm: £45.00 per person
Please note that all tickets are non-refundable.
Good to know
- As our teas are specially created we are not able to offer any special dietary requirements.
- The tea and tour are suitable for adults and accompanied children aged 10 years and over.
- Alcohol will only be served to those aged 18 years and over. Proof of age may be requested.
- Guests are requested to arrive 10 minutes before the start of their event via the main Tom Gate, St Aldate’s, Oxford, OX1 1DP, and must bring their e-receipt.
- Those booking the pre-tea tour will be met at Tom Gate at 1:30 pm and the Tour will start promptly at 1:45 pm.