- This event has passed.
Bicester Heritage January 2022 Scamble
16 January @ 9.00am to 2.00pm
About Bicester Heritage January 2022 Scamble
The Bicester Heritage January 2022 Scamble takes place on Sunday 16 January at Bicester Heritage, the home of historic motoring. Bring your pre-1990 vehicle, join the show and explore our former RAF Technical Site, the specialist automotive businesses based here and more.
Kicking off the New Year, our site will open up from 9.00am until 2.00pm, welcoming in attendees to experience historic motoring at its best.
See inside the workshops and showrooms at the freshly restored historic buildings of the former RAF Bicester, explore the unique site and take in its evocative atmosphere. The January Scramble promises a range of surprises from the 45 specialist businesses on the site. This is an open day event unlike any other.
Taking place on a Sunday morning, this event encourages historic motoring enthusiasts to get involved and bring their pre-1990 vehicle to join the eclectic display. From commercials to motorcycles, pre-War, veterans and modern classics, the mix is astonishing and ever-changing. Nestled in-between the 1920s RAF buildings and tree-lined avenues, this location has a film-set quality and a truly unique buzz.
Family and dog friendly, the Scramble is a wonderful way to while away the weekend hours in the company of some spectacular machines - in a COVID-compliant setting - at the best-preserved WW2 RAF Bomber Station in the country.
There is an updated pass (ticket) booking system for 2022. Passes are per person and are set at one price for all. Children under 16 yrs are free.
Good to know
- Passes for the Bicester Heritage January 2020 Scamble are only available in advance and will not be available on the gate on the day. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- The purchase price for each pass includes a 50p donation towards StarterMotor, a Bicester Heritage based charity with the sole intention of putting young enthusiasts in the driving seat.
- Children under 16 years of age may attend free of charge but still require a Pass.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Parking for all visitors including pre-1990 vehicles will be around the outskirts of our Hangars and Airfield, a change from the previous Scramble format.
- The Bicester Heritage ‘Technical Site’ will contain a curated collection of display cars set by the Bicester Heritage specialist businesses. Unless invited to display, please do not arrive early as you will not have access to the Technical Site.
- Due to limited capacity and our new Scramble format, specific car club displays will not be taking place.
- This event is outdoors, please dress appropriately with shoes suitable for exploring our site.
- If you’re attending the Scramble on 16 January, please be prepared to show your NHS COVID Pass upon entry. As of 15 December all events with more than 4000 attendees must implement COVID-19 checks, so only customers who are fully vaccinated or have tested negative in the last 48 hours will be admitted (unless they are exempt from these requirements).
- Your status can be proved via the NHS App (head to your smartphone’s app store) or by using the online NHS COVID Pass service, which can be found here. Alternatively you can request a letter, which is valid for 30 days and takes up to seven days to be delivered.
- Proof of a negative test taken within 48 hours of the event will also be accepted. For this you will need to show the text message or email sent by the NHS when the result is reported.
- Without either an NHS COVID Pass or proof of negative test, you will be turned away – legally the organisers will be unable to allow you entry to the event.
- Passes will be scanned through your car windows, please ensure that all attendees have their passes ready at the ticket check, either on their phone or printed on paper.
- While face masks are no longer a mandatory requirement, please be aware of others so that all attendees can enjoy the event.