About Camp Wilderness at Cornbury Park
Throughout the summer Cornbury Park welcomes Camp Wilderness, offering back-to-basics 3 and 5 Day residential camping experiences for children aged 8 to 14 years in the heart of Cornbury’s stunning ancient woodland.
This idyllic estate was formerly a hunting lodge and boasts the largest privately owned ancient woodland in the country. The mixed deciduous woodland is home to vast ancient beeches, oaks and the famous Queen Beech Tree – a wonderful home from home for the kids.
Held in safari-style tents, camp days are spent participating in a host of different activities, from traditional fire-lighting and shelter-building to archery and survival scenarios. Whilst evenings are spent enjoying bush tucker feasts, playing games and roasting marshmallows over the campfire.
Or, if you’re keen to join in on the fun too, then why not try a Camp Wilderness Family experience, brand new for 2021! Whether you consider yourself a Bushcraft expert or have never camped out before, Camp Wilderness Families promises to deliver an experience you won’t forget.
3 Day Camp – £216.00
Highlights include fire-lighting, camp craft, shelter-building, tribes got talent, fireside stories and more. .
5 Day Camp – £360.00
Highlights include fire-lighting, wilderness cookery, archery, shelter-building, scenario SOS, fireside stories and more.
For all enquiries please contact Camp Wilderness on 03332 004469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to know
- The summer camps are held in safari-style tented woodland camps, with beautiful bell tents, large tipis and yurts.
- The central yurt and campfire create a cosy hub with seating all around for socialising during the downtime, there’s also an outdoor kitchen and the sleeping tents surrounding the camp.
- All activities take place in and around the woodland camp.
- Each camp caters for a maximum of 60 children, who will be split into tribes on arrival (you can specify your children’s tribe buddies when booking).
- Children will stay in large single-sex bell tents, sleeping in groups of 8 to 10.
- Each family will have their own tent for up to 6 occupants, these are bell tents which are 10 ft wide and will have more than enough room for everyone.
- All the meals are freshly cooked on-site by experienced field cooks, and made up of high-quality ingredients. The menu changes daily, offering a wide variety of delicious, exciting meals, all of which are eaten communally, around the central campfire.
- The children are also taught how to prepare their own meals, cooking over open fires.
- Every camp is a nut-free zone, and caters for every dietary requirement and food allergy, including vegetarian, pescetarian, vegan, halal, gluten free, nut free, lactose free and kosher diets.