East Oxford Farmers’ & Community Market
22 July 2023 @ 10.00am to 1.00pm
An event every week that begins at 10.00am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
About the East Oxford Farmers’ & Community Market
The East Oxford Farmers’ & Community Market is a small, friendly local market with plenty of fresh food, delicious sweet and savoury takeaways, dried foods, and a plant-based café. The market also features stalls non-food stalls selling antiques, scarves and shawls, non-plastic household goods, and makeup, plus cleaners and detergents.
The majority of the producers are from within 30 miles of Oxford.
The market began in August 2006 with just six stalls, and it has since grown into a local institution. Today, regular stalls include:
- Mighty Pie Co - artisan traditional hand made meat & vegetarian flat & raised pies made from local ingredients
- Crudges Cheese - a range of cheeses hand made by ethical & sustainable cheese makers known personally to award-winning Crudges
- Willowbrook Farm - free-range chicken, lamb, beef, organic eggs & local honey
- Natural Bread - handcrafted speciality breads
- Mrs B’s Antiques - antique jewellery & vintage household goods
- Jericho Coffee Traders - premium coffee roasted in Jericho & served from a vivid turquoise tuk-tuk
- Jason’s Book Box - second-hand books
- Sandy Lane Farm - seasonal, fresh, local organic fruit & veg, lamb & pork
- SESI Food & Detergent Filling Station - refilling empty containers for fairtrade, organic dried foods; household detergents & hair-care products
The market also has a cafe which runs each week selling delicious breakfasts, lunches, cakes and fair-trade teas and coffee. This is a lovely place to meet up and take a break from shopping.
The market is wheelchair accessible both inside and outside.
The East Oxford Farmers’ & Community Market is a non-profit making organisation (a Society for the Benefit of the Community). It is run by a committee and a group of volunteers.
The market takes place every Saturday from 10:00am to 1.00pm at East Oxford Primary School. Head down Cowley Road until you reach Tesco - the school borders on the car park directly behind it.