About Family Days at Science Oxford Centre
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow the spring woodland nature trails.
Children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits in the Exploration Zone, where you can create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable, and try to beat the Scarf-shooter.
Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run, or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
The outdoor ‘Water Lab’ exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem solving activities. Experiment with floating and sinking, adjust the water flow from a trickling stream to a raging current, or test your own ideas with other interchangeable accessories. We advise taking a change of dry clothes in case you get wet, and children must be supervised by their adult at all times.
- £6.00 per person or £20.00 for a family ticket (4 people, must include 1 adult). Under 3s free and all visitors must purchase a ticket / Woodland access all day.
- Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to the woodland all day. Please wear suitable clothing and note the woodland will close at 5.30pm, with last entrance recommended no later than 5.00pm.
Good to know
- Session times: 10.00am to noon, 12.30pm to 2.30pm, and 3.00pm to 5.00pm
- Suitable for ages 3+ (all welcome)
- Visit the Skogen Café at the centre between 10.00am and 4.00pm for drinks, snacks and light lunches.
- Families are also welcome to bring their own refreshments.
- The decking and outdoor canopy area will also be available for sitting and eating, in addition to the indoor café area.
The health and well-being of visitors and staff is the highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps the centre is taking to keep you safe:
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home. You can transfer your ticket to another day. (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact the centre if you have any issues).
- We recommend booking tickets in advance.
- The centre request that visitors wear face coverings inside the Centre (age 11+).
- There is reduced capacities for indoor activities.
- The Science Oxford Centre will be well ventilated, with windows and doors open.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering, inside and on exiting the Science Oxford Centre
Science Oxford welcomes all children to our events. If you or your child has additional needs, please get in touch to discuss how we can best support your child to make the most of the club. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is not usually car parking for visitors on weekdays, due to the Innovation Centre clients. There is alternative parking in the area, including limited 2-hour, and 3-hour, free parking available on Quarry Road.
Bike racks are available.
For disabled parking at the centre
Please contact us for anyone with disability and mobility needs or other special requirements at email@example.com.