About Half Term Family Days at Science Oxford Centre
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for a unique family experience this half term. Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, pick up an activity sheet and follow the winter woodland nature trails.
Children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits in the Exploration Zone, where you can create and test flying designs at the Air Table, marvel at momentum with spinning discs at the Turntable and try to beat the Scarf-shooter.
Mini-engineers can build a giant magnetic ball run or test what’s hot and what’s not with the Curious Camera. Brainiacs can solve puzzles, light-up circuits and get the cogs whirring with our fun, mind-melting activities.
Your ticket includes two hours in the Exploration Zone and access to woodland all day. Please wear suitable clothing and note the woodland will close at 4.30pm, with the last entrance recommended no later than 4.00pm.
Good to know
Session times: 10.00am to noon, 12.30pm to 2.30pm, and 3.00pm to 5.00pm
Suitable for ages 3+ (all welcome)
Skogen Café will be open to Family Day visitors between 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm only.
- If you would like to have lunch, please order food before 12.30pm – you are encouraged to order lunch items on arrival to avoid disappointment.
- Between 1.00 and 2.00pm the café will close to visitors (in this time it will be serving the Innovation Centre clients only).
- The theatre will be open for additional café seating. The decking and outdoor canopy area will also be available for sitting and eating.
The health and well-being of visitors and staff is the highest priority. Following Government guidance, here are some steps the centre is taking to keep you safe:
- If you are testing positive, showing symptoms of COVID-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day (you can do this yourself via Eventbrite or contact the centre if you have any issues).
- All visitors age 11+ are requested to wear face coverings inside the centre.
- All tickets must still be booked in advance.
- There is a reduced capacity per session.
- Inside the Science Oxford Centre will be kept well ventilated with doors and windows open.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon entering and exiting the Science Oxford Centre and in the Exploration Zone.
- Usually there is only parking available at weekends, not during the week. Please contact the centre for disabled priority parking. There are bike racks available.
- Full contact details of those booking a ticket are required to comply with test and trace. QR codes for the Test & Trace app are available upon entry to the centre.