About the Headington 5 Mile Open Road Race 2019
Headington RoadRunners welcome you to the Headington 5 Mile Open Road Race 2019.
- A fast flat course with PB potential
- Suitable for all abilities – time limit 75 minutes
- Chip timing
- County Short Distance Championship Race
- Oxfordshire Grand Prix race
- Online entries
- Entries on the day if the limit of 500 has not been reached
- No refunds, but entries can be transferred to another runner up to 22 August
- Technical T-Shirts awarded to all finishers
- Proceeds donated to OXSRAD, Oxfords integrated Sports Centre, a unique sport and recreation centre that is accessible to both the able and disabled.
- The race will be run under UKA rules.
The race is a fast 5-mile loop. It starts and finishes in Boults Lane recreation ground, approximately 400 metres from the Race HQ, and takes in the tracks on the Northern bypass and the Marston Ferry Road. It is largely free of traffic. A simple map is available here.
Prizes for the first man and first lady, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in each age category: Senior men, VM40, VM50, VM60 and VM70; Senior ladies, VL35, VL45, VL55, VL65.
Prizes to the fastest men’s and women’s teams from an EA affiliated running Club.
Don’t worry if you won’t finish first, we have a selection of prizes to give out at random to several lucky finishers! And every finisher will get a quality technical race t-shirt.
Race headquarters is at the OXSRAD Leisure Centre.
Court Place Farm,
Marsh Lane, Marston
Oxford OX3 0NQ