IF Oxford 2021 – Oxford Science + Ideas Festival
09 October to 26 November
About IF Oxford 2021
IF Oxford returns in 2021 as a digital and in-real-life science and ideas Festival with events from 09 to 26 October 2021. There’s something for everyone, with activities for young children and families, or sessions for teenagers and adults to enjoy alone or as a group in venues across Oxford or from the comfort of home.
IF Oxford or Oxford Science and Ideas Festival is a thought-provoking and interactive science and ideas festival that creates an opportunity to bring together hundreds of researchers with thousands of people in a festival every year - with science, ideas and creative activities for everyone to explore.
It is a powerful way to bring people together, inspiring curious minds of all ages and backgrounds to access and help shape new ideas.
IF Oxford 2021 brings together a brilliant programme of events including:
- Hidden histories tour by by Uncomfortable Oxford addresses the hidden stories of marginalised communities from the past.
- Explorazone where you can see some of the most exciting science and meet the best and friendliest inventors in real life for free.
- Digitising disease - an exhibition that places Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) under the microscope as a tool for disease diagnosis and treatment.
- The great big science and maths gameshow which takes the best bits from your favourite gameshows and multiply those by an all-star panel.
- Species - an exhibition on the theme of Species that will be shown on the walls of a working print workshop.
- Handle with care where, over six weeks, musician Elliot Galvin interviews passers-by, shoppers and locals about their memories and the objects and places of importance to them.
- Glow Your Own: weekly coding workshops where you’ll learn to use computer coding and sensors in a circuit to control LEDs and motors, combining art and engineering.
The festival is organised by Oxfordshire Science Festival (Charity number 1151361), with Trustees and a small team that work year-round to produce the Festival which began in 1992.
It is very much a festival with a wide public appeal.