About Knight School at Oxford Castle & Prison
Have you got what it takes to be a jester?
These cousins have been arguing for too long! And as they say, laughter is the best medicine… It’s high time to make the grumpy old King (Stephen) and Queen (Matilda) laugh.
Led by the Oxford Castle’s court jester, an expert in her field, you’ll be taught all of the necessary skills to make even the grouchiest of monarchs chuckle.
Over the one hour, you’ll learn the art of…
- Making your very own Jester Hat
- Knock-knock jokes
- Plate Spinning
And the always-successful, last resort…
The tickle-feather! Guaranteed to earn you a giggle when the king and queen are feeling particularly grouchy. Only to be used when all other options have failed.
You will put your new skills to the test and attempt to make King Stephen or Queen Matilda laugh.
After you have successfully completed Medieval Fool School, you will receive a “Certificate of Foolery” to take home with you and a Jester Hat to impress your friends and family (and make them laugh, of course!)
Please note: Capacity for Medieval Fool School at Oxford Castle & Prison is limited to 15 children per session.
Dates: Saturday 28 May, Monday 30 May, Wednesday 01 June, Friday 03 June and Saturday 04 June
Duration: The event will last approximately 1 hour
Price: £11.00 per child
Capacity is limited to 15 children per session.
Good to know
- Capacity is limited to 15 children per session.
- Tickets are for this event only. To book onto the Guided Tour you will need to purchase these tickets separately.
- All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the session.
- Medieval Fool School is designed and recommended for children aged between 5 and 10 years old.
- Medieval Fool School will take place on the first floor in Debtor’s Tower and the Exhibition which is accessible for wheelchair users.