24 September 2022 @ 7.30pm to 9.30pm
About Mozart, Beethoven and Haydn
The Oxford Sinfonia invites you to join them for a concert at the University Church of St Mary the Virgin on 24 September
Joe Davies conducts a programme of Mozart’s overture the ‘Abduction from Seraglio’, Beethoven’s ‘Ruins of Athens’, Mozart’s 3rd Violin Concerto and Haydn’s Symphony No 100 (the ‘Military’).
Whilst studying at Oxford University, Joe directed a memorable performance of Bernstein’s Candide at the Playhouse. He is now based in the Midland and critically praised as an ‘inspiring’ conductor with a ‘substantial future ahead of him’.
Emma Lisney is a soloist and is welcomed back to Oxford. In 2016 she won first prize at the Oxfordshire Concerto Competition, performing Prokofiev’s second violin concerto with the Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra.
After graduating from Oxford, she has had masterclasses with Pinchas Zukerman and Maxim Vengerov and is now very much in demand.
Standard – £18.00
Includes programme. Unreserved seating. Accompanied children free.
Concession – £15.00
Over 65 / student. Includes programme. Unreserved seating. Accompanied children free
- All tickets include a programme.
- All seating is unallocated and accompanied children are free.
- Tickets bought from this Sinfonia website include enrolment on their mailing list.
- You are encouraged to sit closely in family groups
- The number of tickets available is limited to ensure there will be space between groups