22 October to 29 October
About October Half Term Family Days at Science Oxford
Visit the Science Oxford Centre for spookily fun science and woodland pumpkin trail for all the family this half term.
Explore, discover and play in the Exploration Zone, where children and grown-ups alike have fun experimenting with interactive exhibits; create and test flying ghouls at the Air Table, magically send material (or is it ectoplasm?) flying through the pipework at the Scarf Shooter, and see the world change before your very eyes with our Curious Camera.
Go on a Halloween Pumpkin Trail and explore the mysterious woodland for magical mini-beasts, or imagine what lurks in the depths of the perilous ponds. Create your own gruesome experiments at the Live Lab, with demos and hands-on science activities – spooky-scientist outfits optional.
Pick up an Explorer Backpack (thanks to Operation Earth), and don’t forget our Water Lab is open until the end of October.
Dates & times
Saturday 22, Tuesday 25, Wednesday 26, Thursday 27 and Saturday 29 October
Sessions run from 10.00am to noon, 12.30pm to 2.30pm, and 3.00pm to 5.00pm
|Saturday, 22 October 2022||Book tickets|
|Tuesday, 25 October 2022||Book tickets|
|Wednesday, 26 October 2022||Book tickets|
|Thursday, 27 October 2022||Book tickets|
|Saturday, 29 October 2022||Book tickets|
£7.50 per person (includes Eventbrite fee)
Free tickets available for under 3s
All visitors must purchase a ticket
What is included in your ticket:
- Two-hour timeslot in the Exploration Zone
- Access to the woodland and outdoor areas from 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Access to the outdoor Water Lab
What is NOT included in your ticket:
- Entry to Club
- Parking (please see below for details)
Woodland access is all day
Suitable for ages 3+ (all ages welcome)
Visit the Science Oxford website for information on their refund policy and event terms and conditions.
Good to know
Bring a picnic/refreshments:
The cafe is closed at weekends. You are welcome to bring picnics and snacks to eat at our lunch tables. It will be open during the weekdays for light snacks and refreshments only. Please check the Science Oxford website for opening times.
Car Parking is only available on the weekends (not weekdays).
Contact email@example.com if you require parking for accessibility reasons.
This outdoor exhibit allows visitors to carry out a range of water-based play, investigation and problem-solving activities. We advise taking a change of dry clothes in case you get wet. Children must be supervised by their adults at all times.
- Visitors and staff may choose to wear face coverings inside the centre.
- The Science Oxford Centre is well ventilated, with windows and doors open (where appropriate).
- Hand sanitiser is available on entry, exit and throughout the centre.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or are in a vulnerable group, please stay at home – you can transfer your ticket to another day. You can do this by yourself via Eventbrite or contact the organisers if you have any issues.