- This event has passed.
Oxford Literary Festival 2019
Saturday 30 March - Sunday 07 April
About the Oxford Literary Festival 2019
The 23rd Oxford Literary Festival takes place from 30 March to 07 April 2019. More than 160 events are already available for booking on the festival website, with more to be added over the coming weeks.
Festival events mostly take place around two vibrant hubs – the Blackwell’s Marquee, next to the Sheldonian Theatre, Bodleian Library and Weston Library, and Worcester College, in Walton Street. There is a ten-minute walk between the two hubs.
Other venues include:
- Exeter College, and Lincoln College venues in Turl Street which is a short walk from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- St Cross College is in St Giles, a five-minute walk from both Worcester College and the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- Keble College is a five-ten-minute walk up Parks Road from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- The Ashmolean Museum is on Beaumont Street, a five-minute walk from both Worcester College and the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- The Story Museum, Pembroke Street, is a ten-minute walk from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
Oxford is well served from all areas of the country. Chiltern Railways’ service from London Marylebone and High Wycombe terminate in the centre of Oxford. Worcester College is a ten-minute walk from the central station and the Blackwell’s Marquee a 20-minute walk. There is a taxi rank at the station.
There are two fast and frequent coach services to Oxford from London (the X90 and the Oxford Tube), with departures up to every 15 minutes. In Oxford, festival-goers can alight at High Street stops and walk the few minutes to the festival venues. The coach station at Gloucester Green is a five-minute walk from Worcester College and a ten-minute walk from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
Street parking is extremely limited. There are car parks at the Westgate Shopping Centre in Oxpens, at Gloucester Street and in Worcester Street, all within 10 minutes’ walk of festival venues. Oxford is well served by a regular park-and-ride bus service from several points at the city perimeter.
Blue badge parking
For events at the Bodleian Library, Weston Library, Lincoln College, Oxford Martin School and the Sheldonian Theatre, disabled badge holder designated parking is available in Broad Street. For The Story Museum, disabled badge holder designated parking is available in St Aldate’s. Designated parking is available in Beaumont Street for Worcester College and the Ashmolean, and in St Giles for St Cross College.