- This event has passed.
Oxford Literary Festival 2020
Friday 27 March - Sunday 05 April
About the Oxford Literary Festival 2020
Oxford Literary Festival 2020 will take place from Friday 27 March to Sunday 05 April 2020.
The festival events mostly take place around two vibrant hubs in Oxford City Centre namely the Blackwell’s Marquee, next to the Sheldonian Theatre, Bodleian Library and Weston Library, and Worcester College, in Walton Street. There is a ten-minute walk between the two hubs.
Previous venues have included:
- Exeter College, and Lincoln College venues in Turl Street - a short walk from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- St Cross College in St Giles - a five-minute walk from both Worcester College and the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- Keble College - a five-ten-minute walk up Parks Road from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- The Ashmolean Museum on Beaumont Street - a five-minute walk from both Worcester College and the Blackwell’s Marquee.
- The Story Museum, Pembroke Street - a ten-minute walk from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
Oxford is well served from all areas of the country. Chiltern Railways’ service from London Marylebone and High Wycombe terminate in the centre of Oxford. Worcester College is a ten-minute walk from the central station and the Blackwell’s Marquee a 20-minute walk. There is a taxi rank at the station.
There are two fast and frequent coach services to Oxford from London (the X90 and the Oxford Tube), with departures up to every 15 minutes. In Oxford, festival-goers can alight at High Street stops and walk the few minutes to the festival venues. The coach station at Gloucester Green is a five-minute walk from Worcester College and a ten-minute walk from the Blackwell’s Marquee.
Street parking is extremely limited. There are car parks at the Westgate Shopping Centre in Oxpens, at Gloucester Street and in Worcester Street, all within 10 minutes’ walk of festival venues. Oxford is well served by a regular park-and-ride bus service from several points at the city perimeter.
Blue badge parking
For events at the Bodleian Library, Weston Library, Lincoln College, Oxford Martin School and the Sheldonian Theatre, disabled badge holder designated parking is available in Broad Street. For The Story Museum, disabled badge holder designated parking is available in St Aldate’s. Designated parking is available in Beaumont Street for Worcester College and the Ashmolean, and in St Giles for St Cross College.