- This event has passed.
SWE Centenary Exhibition
28 October 2020 to 04 November 2020
About the SWE Centenary Exhibition
This is a special year for the Society of Wood Engravers as they celebrate their Centenary.
It was founded in 1920 by artists including Eric Gill, Gwen Raverat, Robert Gibbings, Philip Hagreen and Lucien Pissarro. A break during the war years and then again in the 1970s meant that their annual exhibition ceased for a time, making this their 82nd show. Since their revival in 1984, they have built a reputation for excellence, attracting exhibitors and collectors from around the world.
The Society exists to promote wood engraving, but also embraces all forms of relief
printing, which makes this show a fascinating and affordable collection of images inspired by a wide range of subjects.
View The Society of Wood Engravers’ online catalogue exhibiting their Centenary (82nd Annual) collection of works.
Pre-Book Your Visit
Capacity in the gallery is limited to ensure social distancing. Therefore, to guarantee entry to the SWE Centenary Exhibition, we recommend pre-booking a timed entry slot to visit by calling the box office on 01865 319450 or booking online.
Good to know
The North Wall Gallery is open from Monday to Friday 10.00 am to 4.00 pm, and from 12.00 pm to 4.00 pm on Saturdays. It's closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
COVID-19 safety information
- If you or a member of your household is showing symptoms, please stay home and rest, and follow NHS guidance about self-isolating.
- Face coverings are mandatory, unless you are exempt
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival to the gallery; hand sanitiser is available throughout the venue.
- Visitors will be asked to leave a name and contact number for Test and Trace, or to sign in using the NHS Test and Trace app.
- For more information about what safety measures will be in place at The North Wall, click here.