About The Pirates of Penzance at Cogges Manor Farm
The award-winning outdoor theatre company Illyria is re-staging their much-loved production of The Pirates of Penzance at Cogges Manor Farm.
Packed with memorable and well-known Gilbert and Sullivan songs, it promises a unique blend of comedy, melodrama, and glittering wit.
Frederick, an apprentice to a fearsome Pirate King, will be released from a life of crime on his 29th birthday. Unfortunately, Frederick was born on the 29th of February – a leap year. He’ll be an old man before he is free!
How long can he endure his pirate’s life? Will his sweetheart wait for him? The Pirates of Penzance is hilarious, witty, and packed with memorable songs. It is as fresh today as it ever was!
- An outdoor theatre production on the beautiful Cogges Manor lawn – the perfect stage for open-air theatre
- Please bring a low-back chair or blanket to sit on and dress for the weather!
- Picnics* available to pre-order with your tickets or bring your own
- Bar with snacks and ice cream
Running time (approx): 1hr 40mins (including 20 minute interval)
Suitable for: all ages 5+
- Adult tickets – £16.50
- Child tickets – £10
Good to know
- Save 10% with your Season Ticket
- Doors open at 6.00pm, giving you time to settle before the show starts at 7.00pm
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the show is cancelled due to extreme weather.
Date & times
Picnic box cost £10.00 each
Picnic box options include:
- Standard option: Scotch Egg, Cheese & Pickle Roll, Onion Bhaji, Brownie
- Vegan option: Vegan Sausage Roll, Sweet potato & Sundried tomato, butterbean pate Roll, Onion Bhaji, Fruit, Sunflower & Pumpkin Seed Flapjack