About The Snow Queen: a Christmas fairytale ballet
This Christmas, join us on an epic quest to the Snow Queen’s palace and bring the magic of ballet to your celebrations.
When Gerda’s friend Kay is swept away in a snow storm, only she can save him. Her journey will take her far north to a never-ending winter, in this timeless story of love, friendship and eternity.
Adapted from Hans Christian Andersen’s greatest fairytale, Frankly Speaking Productions presents The Snow Queen — a brand new contemporary ballet with original music. The Snow Queen is performed in the open air in the magical setting of Oxford Castle & Prison and is COVID-19 Secure with strict social distancing measures in place.
We have a strict capacity limit in line with social distancing guidelines, so book now to avoid disappointment!
Dates: Wednesday 09 and Thursday 10 December
Time: 6.30pm & 8.00pm
Price: £12 adult; £10 Concession; £8 child. Visit the Oxford Castle and Prison website for tickets
Useful and Important Information
- Performance running time: 30 minutes (with socially distanced photo opportunities with the cast for children at the end!)
- This is an open air production, so please dress for the weather (hats and gloves encouraged!)
- Seating will not be provided, but you may bring your own if required.
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of coronavirus, have tested positive for coronavirus, are in a household or support bubble with someone who has symptoms of or has tested positive for coronavirus, or have been advised to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app, or following entry to the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk. If you cannot attend due to any of the above, then please get in touch and we will try to re-sell your ticket.
- In consideration of COVID-19 safety, we encourage audiences not to travel by public transport. Parking facilities are available nearby in Oxford town.
- In the event that the event is cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19, you will be offered the opportunity to exchange your ticket for an alternative performance where possible. As an alternative, you will also be offered a full refund.
- To ensure social distancing and the safety of our guests, you will be seated 2 metres away from the nearest group of other ballet-goers and we have implemented staggered arrival times.
- Please follow applicable government guidelines regarding face masks, but note the event will be in a fully outdoor space.
- Our cafe will be open for takeaway light refreshments, however we will not be able to provide toilet facilities.
- Tickets for the show will stop being on sale online the afternoon of that particular performance.