06 October to 29 October
About IF Oxford 2022
IF Oxford returns in 2022 with in-real-life science and ideas festival with events from 06 to 29 October 2021.
There’s something for everyone, with activities for young children and families and sessions for teenagers and adults to enjoy alone or as a group in venues across Oxford. It is very much a festival with a wide public appeal.
IF Oxford or Oxford science and ideas Festival is a thought-provoking and interactive science and ideas festival that creates an opportunity to bring together hundreds of researchers with thousands of people every year – with science, ideas and creative activities for everyone to explore.
IF Oxford 2021 brings together a brilliant programme of events, including:
- Rhymetime – Combining enjoyment of books, music and rhymes into sessions featuring songs and rhymes for under 5s at the Children’s section of the Oxfordshire County Library.
- Explorazone at Wesley Memorial Methodist Church, where you can see some of the most exciting science and meet the best and friendliest inventors in real life for free.
- Alice in the Universe – a play in the making by JC Niala at Oxford Playhouse. This reimagining of Alice’s story is perfect for young people who like science facts in their fiction.
- Plants for the future – hands-on activities for all ages to explore in a family-friendly zone hosted by the University of Oxford Botanic Garden.
- Glow Your Own 2022 – a set of six weekly coding workshops (on zoom) helping you prepare for the Oxford Christmas Light Festival by creating your own moving lantern.
- STEM Sisters at Oxford Works (beside Oxford Factory) – Take a voyage of discovery, solving puzzles, asking questions, making predictions, performing tests and exploring the behaviours of matter.
- Toxicology mixology – Join venom researcher Leah Fitzpatrick for a cocktail of curiosity and learn about the fascinating evolution of venom and what it is used for.
IF Oxford is a powerful way to bring people together – inspiring curious minds of all ages and backgrounds to access and help shape new ideas. It is organised by Oxfordshire Science Festival, with trustees and a small team that work year-round to produce the Festival, which began in 1992.
IF Oxford 2022 programme
IF Oxford uses Pay What You Decide (PWYD) ticketing – so you can choose to pay whatever you want or can afford. You can make your donation during booking or after the event, and the amount you pay is up to you. A suggested donation of £5 per person for each event enjoyed will help secure the future of the Festival.
The IF Oxford programme of activities takes place at various venues across the city. Please see the festival website for further details about dates, times and locations for individual activities.