Win an Oxford City Break with a French twist
You’ll enjoy an overnight stay at the newly refurbished Randolph Hotel by Graduate Hotels and a delicious 3-course dinner at Pierre Victoire, just a short walk from the hotel (and the Ashmolean!). The prize also includes a copy of the Pissarro: Father of Impressionism exhibition catalogue.
The Randolph Hotel by Graduate Hotels takes inspiration from the University of Oxford’s history, paying homage to its storied innovators and alumni. This historic landmark, located directly across from The Ashmolean, is a welcome retreat for locals and travellers alike. Enjoy overnight accommodation and breakfast at The Alice restaurant.
Pierre Victoire is a traditional French restaurant in the heart of Oxford. Their menus take inspiration from the seasons, and ingredients are sourced locally. Choose from a selection of classic French dishes such as Maigret de Canard, Moules Frites,and tempting desserts such as Tarte Tatin and Poire Belle Hélène. Your prize includes a 3-course dinner for two, plus a bottle of house Champagne.
Complete this form to enter
The entry form is unavailable because this competition has closed.
If you don’t tick any of these boxes, your data will only be held for the purpose of administering this competition, selecting a winner, and anonymised evaluation of the promotion.
Terms & conditions
- The prize is as follows: One 1-night stay at Randolph Hotel by Graduate Hotels, for two people, including breakfast. One three course meal from the diner prix fixe at Pierre Victoire restaurant in Oxford plus a bottle of house champagne. One Pissarro exhibition catalogue.
Booking & Exclusions
- The prize of the stay at the hotel and dinner at Pierre Victoire must have been booked and used by 31 December 2022.
- The prize is non-transferable and has no cash value. No cash alternative can be offered to the prize.
- Reservations for the complimentary stay at Randolph Hotel by Graduate Hotels are subject to availability. Offer is non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other offer including existing reservations and blackout dates may apply. Offer is available for a standard room which has maximum occupancy of two. Winner of sweepstakes is only permitted to make reservations, must be 18 years of age or older and must be present at check-in which requires a credit card and valid government issued ID. Incidentals are not included and a responsibility of guest.
- Booking for dinner at Pierre Victoire is subject to availability and offer is non-transferable.
- Entry is free and open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over who submit a valid entry to the competition. Only one entry per person.
- Employees and immediate families of the promoters and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion (Ashmolean Museum, Randolph Hotel by Graduate Hotels, Pierre Victoire and Woobox) are ineligible to enter.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The competition closes on 13 June 2022. The winning entrant will be chosen at random by the Ashmolean Museum from all completed and valid entries received by the closing date. The decision is final and non-negotiable.
- The final winners will be contacted on or after 14 June 2022. The winner will be contacted by email or telephone and details will be provided on how to claim and book the prize through The Graduate Randolph Hotels and Pierre Victoire.
- If a winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions within 7 days of being contacted by the Ashmolean Museum. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
- The Promoters have the right to withdraw this prize draw at any time.
- The Ashmolean reserves the right to publish the name of the prize winner on its website and social media channels.
- Entries can only be submitted online via the competition entry form on the Ashmolean website. Entrants must enter a valid name and email address.
- Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
- Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party “helper” applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
- Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
- Only entries submitted following the specified entry mechanics will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winner is unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion.
- Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
- The winner is responsible for getting to the hotel and restaurant in time.
- The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other third-party discounts or special offers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
The Promoters of this competition are: the Ashmolean Museum, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2PH; Graduate Hotels 133 N Jefferson Street 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60661 and Pierre Victoire, 9 Little Clarendon St, Oxford OX1 2HP