About Great Coxwell Barn
Set in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, Great Coxwell Barn is the sole surviving part of a thriving 13th-century grange. The Great Barn was built of Cotswold stone around 1292, and together with its original wooden roof beams, it is over 700 years old.
It is on the northern edge of the village of Great Coxwell which is about 20 miles (32 km) southwest of Oxford and 9 miles (14 km) northeast of Swindon.
The barn is open to the public daily from dawn to dusk. Just outside the farmyard is a lay-by large enough for a small number of visitors’ cars to be parked. Great Coxwell can be reached by Stagecoach West Gold bus route 66 from Swindon, Oxford and Faringdon. Buses run generally every 20 minutes from Mondays to Saturdays and every 30 minutes on Sundays. The nearest stop is just off the main A420 road, about 0.6 miles (1 km) from the barn.
Great Coxwell has been in the care of the National Trust since 1956.