About Oratory Preparatory School
Oratory Preparatory School is a Catholic Independent day and boarding school for boys and girls ages 2 to 13 located in South Oxfordshire. The school was founded in Edgbaston by Blessed John Henry, Cardinal Newman ‘for the education of (Catholic) boys not destined to the ecclesiastical estate.’ It opened on 1 May 1859 with nine boys on roll, all of prep school age.
Today, the school offers an extensive academic curriculum which is supported by a wide-ranging activity programme and a high quality of pastoral care. The school is concerned for the whole child, not just in the classroom but in every aspect of their daily lives.