About Brize Norton Gun Club
Brize Norton Gun Club is based in the Cotswolds close to Witney and Burford 1 mile from the A40 with easy access from Oxford, Swindon and Cheltenham. Our club is situated in a 16-acre disused quarry, giving us the ability to provide a wide variety of clay pigeon shooting.
We can offer:
- ABT (Automatic Ball Trap)
- DTL (Down The Line) and Skeet on alternate weeks
- English Sporting 30/50 Bird
- 25 bird compact pool shoot (Wednesday evenings)
- Clubhouse with refreshments (Sundays only, open from 9.30am for tea, coffee and a selection of food)
- Cartridges for sale. Shotgun Certificate required when purchasing cartridges
The English Sporting is set up each Sunday over 5 stands and is changed on each set up to give a variety of birds.
The club is a police-approved range and you do not need to have a shotgun certificate to shoot with us.
The club is open to Non-Members as well as Members. Shooters of any level are welcome to visit our grounds.
The club holds an exemption certificate from Thames Valley Police, allowing persons not holding a shotgun certificate to visit and shoot under the supervision of a licence holding club member.
Shooting is open on:
Sundays 10:00 am to 1:00 pm from February to December (excluding Bank Holidays). Last entries at 11:30 am.
Wednesdays 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm from mid-April to mid-September (light permitting).
The membership year runs from February to December. Rota is no longer required for membership. Members are allowed to bring guests along to any Sunday or Wednesday shoot and are responsible for their behaviour and safety whilst on club premises.