About Oxford Train Station
Oxford Train Station is a major railway station located in the city of Oxford, England. It is situated on Park End Street, in the western part of the city centre, and is operated by Great Western Railway. The station serves as a key transport hub for the city, providing connections to various destinations throughout the UK.
The station building is a modern, two-story structure with a large glass facade, which allows plenty of natural light to enter the interior. The entrance to the station is located on the ground floor and features automatic ticket gates for access to the platforms. Inside the station, there are several ticket counters, automated ticket machines, shops, cafes, and other amenities for passengers to use.
The station has six platforms, numbered 1 to 6, which are all covered by a large, curved roof. The platforms are accessible via escalators, lifts, and staircases. Platform 1 is the largest and is used for terminating services, while Platforms 2-6 are used for through services. The station also has a large concourse area, which provides plenty of space for passengers to wait for their trains and has seating, information boards, and toilets.
Oxford Railway Station offers a range of services, including high-speed trains to London Paddington, Reading, and Bristol, as well as local and regional trains to other destinations in the region. There are also frequent bus connections from the station to other parts of the city and beyond.
Overall, Oxford Train Station is a modern and well-equipped transport hub that offers a range of services and amenities for passengers travelling by train.
Good to know
- The station has car parking. The paid car park, with 530 spaces, is open 24 hours and operated by APCOA Parking.
- There is a taxi rank at the station entrance, and accessible taxis are available from the station.
- The station is well connected with local bus services.
- The station has bicycle spaces.
- Cycles can be carried on trains free of charge, but some restrictions apply during peak hours.
- ATM Machine
- Pay Phone
- Free public Wi-Fi
- Coffee shops, Marks and Spencers
- Baby Changing facilities
- Tourist information office
- Waiting rooms (open 4.00am to 0.45am Monday to Friday, 5.00am to 11.30pm on Saturday and 7.15am to midnight on Sunday)