About The Magdalen Arms
Located just outside the scholarly Oxford city centre – to the east in the bustling Iffley Road – The Magdalen Arms is a gastropub with a relaxed, scrubbed-wooden ambience and a hearty-but-interesting seasonal menu that often changes daily.
The Magdalen Arms has a large dining room, an outdoor terrace with tables for catching the last rays of sun in the evening, as well a great bar area where you can relax with friends and order food at the bar.
Yes, it might be a bit of a trek from the city centre, but the food is completely worth it.
Monday from 5.00pm to 11.00pm
Tuesday to Saturday from 10.00am to 11.00pm
Sunday from 10.00am to 10.30pm
Open Bank holiday Mondays
Tuesday to Friday from noon to 2.30pm
Saturday from noon to 3.00pm
Sunday from noon to 3.30pm
Monday to Friday from 5.30pm to 10.00pm
Saturday from 6.00pm to 10.00pm
Sunday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm
Good to know
- The menu changes twice a day, dishes may change throughout service and are subject to availability.
- The bar operates on a first come first serve basis.
- During the warmer months, the back terrace tables are available for reservations and private dining.
- Open at 10.00am every morning for toasted sandwiches, toast and cakes, teas and coffees and the daily newspaper.
- There is a ‘Weekday set lunch’ menu on offer every Tuesday to Friday from noon to 2.30pm.
- There is a ‘Supper hour’ menu that runs Monday to Friday evenings from 5.30pm to 6.30pm – two choice set menu, a children’s menu and a 1/2 price cocktail.
- They run a flea market on the first Saturday of each month outside on the terraces with stalls selling bric-a-brac, handmade clothes, vintage finds, furniture, antiques and interesting collectables.
- On flea market Saturdays, the pub is open from 9.30am for Tony’s bacon butties, Italian focaccia, cakes and breakfast pastries.