About The Magdalen Arms
Located just outside the scholarly Oxford city centre - to the east in the bustling Iffley Road - The Magdalen Arms is a gastropub with a relaxed, scrubbed-wooden ambience and a hearty-but-interesting seasonal menu that often changes daily.
The Magdalen Arms has a large dining room, an outdoor terrace with tables for catching the last rays of sun in the evening, as well a great bar area where you can relax with friends and order food at the bar.
Yes, it might be a bit of a trek from the city centre, but the food is completely worth it.
Monday from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm
Sunday from 10:00 am to 10:30 pm
Open Bank holiday Mondays
Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Saturday from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Sunday from 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Monday to Friday from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Saturday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Sunday from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Good to know
- The menu changes twice a day, dishes may change throughout service and are subject to availability.
- The bar operates on a first come first serve basis.
- During the warmer months, the back terrace tables are available for reservations and private dining.
- Open at 10:00 am every morning for toasted sandwiches, toast and cakes, teas and coffees and the daily newspaper.
- There is a 'Weekday set lunch' menu on offer every Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
- There is a 'Supper hour' menu that runs Monday to Friday evenings from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm - two choice set menu, a children's menu and a 1/2 price cocktail.
- They run a flea market on the first Saturday of each month outside on the terraces with stalls selling bric-a-brac, handmade clothes, vintage finds, furniture, antiques and interesting collectables.
- On flea market Saturdays, the pub is open from 9:30 am for Tony’s bacon butties, Italian focaccia, cakes and breakfast pastries.