About Oxford Stadium
Oxford Stadium is a multi-purpose sports and events venue in Cowley, just three miles from Oxford city centre.
The stadium first opened in 1939 and hosted speedway and greyhound racing for 73 years before closing in 2012.
A hard-fought campaign to return our facility to its former glory reached its conclusion in June 2021 when Kevin Boothby secured a 10-year lease to reopen the stadium and bring back much-missed sports to the city.
But the regeneration is about much more than greyhound racing, speedway and events. This new era for Oxford Stadium will see it become an accessible venue for all members of the local community through the dedicated social facilities and VIP suites.
The statium features a sports bar, restaurant, and executive suites, capable of hosting 24 people each, where you can experience the thrill of greyhound and speedway racing from trackside in style.
The facilities will also include a leisure and wellness hub, which will deliver a series of community outreach programmes and educational workshops for all community members.
From A34 Northbound
- Leave the A34 at the Hinksey Hill interchange and take the third exit off the roundabout to join the Oxford ring road anti-clockwise.
- Continue along the southern bypass dual carriageway to the Kennington roundabout and take the second exit (straight over) and continue towards the Heyford Hill roundabout.
- Move into the left lane approaching the roundabout and bear left onto the eastern bypass road.
- At the Littlemore roundabout, take the second exit and continue along the eastern bypass road for one mile.
- Following road signs for Watlington (B480), exit the eastern bypass road and move into the right-hand lane, preparing the take the third exit at the upcoming roundabout.
- Join the B480 and continue for half a mile, passing under the railway bridge.
- As you pass a sign for Lidl on your left side, prepare to turn right onto Sandy Lane after the traffic lights.
- Drive onto Sandy Lane, Oxford Stadium’s main entrance will be on your right after 400 yards.
From A34 Southbound
- Leave the A34 at the Hinksey Hill interchange and take the first left to continue on the Oxford ring road, anti-clockwise.
- Follow directions from 2 above.
From M40 Northbound (London)
- Exit the M40 at Jct. 8 signposted A40 to Oxford and Cheltenham.
- Continue along the dual carriageway for five miles until you reach the Headington roundabout.
- Bear left to join the southern bypass (A4142) and continue along the dual carriageway and follow signs for Watlington (B480)
- Follow A34 Northbound instructions from 6.
The Oxford Bus Company’s City5 route and Stagecoach route 1 serve bus stops within one minute’s walk of Oxford Stadium every 10 minutes.
Oxford Stadium is located four miles from Oxford Train Station. There is a taxi rank outside the station. Alternatively, you can pre book a mini cab by calling 001 Taxis on 01865 240000 or Royal Cars on 01865 777 333.
Taxis from the train station will take around 15 minutes to get to the main entrance of the stadium.
Additional contact details
- For all ticketing enquiries, please contact email@example.com
- For all commercial enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other general enquiries, please contact email@example.com