Thame Christmas Lights Switch-on 2022
02 December @ 5.30pm
About Thame Christmas Lights Switch-on 2022
Thame Christmas Lights Switch-On 2022 is currently scheduled for Friday 02 December. The details of Thame’s Christmas event for 2022 will be published on this page nearer the time. But in the meantime, here’s some information from 2021.
2021 Christmas Lights Switch-on
Ring in the festive season to Thame at the popular Christmas lights switch-on event!
In recent years, the event has been an evening of festive entertainment - with Santa’s Grotto, gift stalls, refreshments, carol singing, and more. And the primary schools parading their beautifully created lanterns down the High Street- is a sight not to be missed.
Last year, the event did not go ahead in Thame. Instead, a ‘Thame Advent Calendar’ booklet of events and activities for the town to enjoy was delivered through each door in Thame.
This year, the event will be hosted by Paddy Harris (Cornerstone Church) and Anthony Taylor (Grace Church). Expect:
- Music brought to you by Thame Concert Band
- Mulled wine available from OX9ers
- Stilt walkers
- Santa will turn on the lights at 6.00pm alongside three children – one each from the local primary schools.
- Late night shopping until 7.00pm
As part of this year’s switch-on, the organisers would love to have hundreds of gifts under the tree, donated by the people of Thame, for people in need.
All gifts need to be new and unopened, and with best before dates after Christmas for food. There are 3 gift choices:
- Bring a wrapped toy/game for a child with a tag attached to say the age and gender of the child that the gift would suit (please don’t give guns or weapon type gifts). The Red Kite Centre and Thomley Hall will help to distribute these.
- Cosmetic and clothing items for Love in a Bag Thame to distribute to the homeless and vulnerable. Please see www.facebook.com/loveinabagthame for item lists. Fill a whole bag or just bring a single item! Unwrapped, please.
- Long-life tins and food to support local refugee families through Asylum Welcome in Oxford and other agencies. Refugee children will also receive gifts and toys.