Long Crendon-based Renewed Eco Shop has launched a Crowdfunder to raise £7,000 to create an eco hub at the heart of the local community.
Renewed Eco Shop is growing for the community and needs £7,000 to help them provide more refills and a community space to offer workshops, talks and events.
Having been based in the main square in Long Crendon for the last year, Renewed Eco Shop is now about to take on the lease for the much larger shop next door.
This means they’ll be able to stock an even broader range of products in larger quantities, and the bigger space will allow more customers to shop at once.
Not only that, it has a second room which will be used to work even more closely with the local community, offering workshops, talks and special events.
The £7,000 raised through Crowdfunder will provide:
- Even more refill products
- A broader range of sustainable gifts
- A children’s area with sustainable crafts + play refills
- A place to sit should you want to take the weight off while the team refill for you
- An eco-themed magazine and book library
- A communal space offering workshops (like making your own natural cleaning products), talks (such as how to start going zero waste), special events (for example, an eco Christmas shopping evening), and during the week, a co-working space where people can bring their laptop and connect to the WiFi if they fancy a change of scenery from their home workspace
- An upgrade to energy-efficient lighting and heating
- And, if we can secure the funds, a fridge to sell plastic-free fresh food and also to act as a community fridge to help reduce food waste locally
Sara Sheerin, owner of Renewed Eco Shop, said: “This is a fantastic project to further help the local community on their low-waste journeys. We’ve had so much support over the past year and enabled many more people to start reducing their impact on the environment through their shopping habits.
“The £7,000 we’re hoping to raise through Crowdfunder.co.uk will help us to expand on this, offering a bigger space to welcome more people and also offer more by way of an ‘eco-hub’ which will provide workshops, talks and more to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the environmental crisis we find ourselves in and how we can play our part in overcoming it.”
Renewed Eco Shop’s Crowdfunder will positively impact the Long Crendon community and residents in Thame and surrounding villages, as well, by providing plastic-free shopping on a larger scale and an eco-focused community space available to all.
In return, they’re offering rewards for people’s support, such as discounts when shopping in-store, eco-hampers, and ‘thank you’ tiles made from reclaimed wood, including supporters’ names to be displayed in the new shop.
Visit the Renewed Eco Shop’s Crowdfunder page to support this project.