This simple Chicken with Fennel & Linseed Crust recipe makes for an oven-cooked chicken that has a crispy outside and a moist inside. Enjoy with green leaves and fried courgettes.
- 4 Chicken thighs (skinless)
- 4 tbsp linseed
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sprinkle the linseed and fennel on a flat plate, season well.
- Crack and beat the egg into a bowl.
- Coat each chicken thigh in the egg and then roll over the linseed/fennel mix.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- When all the chicken have been coated, place in the oven for about 45 minutes. The outside will be crispy, and the centre should be cooked through.
- Serve with green leaves and fried courgettes.
About this recipe
This Chicken with Fennel & Linseed Crust recipe is courtesy of Rosalia (Ros) Barresi, a Complementary Therapist & Nutritionist based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. She is the author of This Wellbeing Thing: Recipes for Wellbeing & More which is available to buy on amazon.co.uk and Blackwells.