An easy to make Fennel Sausage Pasta with Roasted Pear and Romanesco Recipe by Ada Velonis, from founder, editor and culinary writer behind Marmalade + Kindness.
Prep time: 5 Mins
Cook time: 45 Mins
Yield: Serves 2 to 4
- 1 small romanesco, broken into florets + leaves
- 1-2 pears, cored and cut into 1cm slices
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 italian sausages, skin removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon, toasted fennel seeds, finely crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon mixed spice
- Rigatoni (for 2)
- 25g butter
- Preheat oven to 190°C fanforce. Combine the romanesco, pear, olive oil, celery salt and pepper in a bowl. Arrange evenly in a roasting tin and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the romanesco is tender and slightly charred.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook off the onion, garlic, fennel seeds and mixed spice.
- Add the sausage meat, and cook through, breaking into 1 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water.
- Add the pasta to the saucepan and heat through with the butter.
- Divide between plates and serve topped with the roasted pear and romanesco and some freshly cracked pepper.
About this recipe
This Fennel Sausage Pasta with Roasted Pear and Romanesco Recipe is courtesy of Ada Velonis - founder, editor and culinary writer behind Marmalade + Kindness, an online mindful cooking journal that encourages people to explore mindfulness and creativity through home cooking.
Read about Ada Velonis of Marmalade + Kindness on mindful cooking and the products getting her through lockdown here.