This Gram Flour Pizza recipe features a healthy pizza crust made from a quick and easy combo of chickpea flour and eggs topped with tomatoes and melted cheese. Perfect for a casual lunch.
IngredientsFor the base
- 150g chickpea or gram flour
- 2 eggs
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- Half onion
- 3 spring onions
- 6 small green peppers
- 4 chestnut mushrooms
- 40g manchego cheese
- 6 slices salami (optional)
- A handful of green leaves of your choice
For the base
- Add the flour to a large bowl and crack one egg into it.
- Use a wooden spoon to gather it all together, then add the second egg and it will begin to stick together.
- Next, use your hand to collect all the remaining mix.
- Squash together into a ball, cover in film and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the tomatoes, onions, garlic and spring onions and fry in some rapeseed oil on a gentle heat. Season well.
- Remove the pizza dough from the fridge and remove from film.
- Roll out to about half centimetre thick on a flat surface, using some gram flour, so it doesn’t stick.
- Place onto a baking sheet, and cook on one side in the oven. This will take about ten minutes.
- Take the tomatoes off the heat, leave to one side.
- When the pizza is cooked on one side, remove from the oven and turn over. Now you can build your pizza.
- Put the tomato mix on first, then the mushrooms, green peppers, cheese, and the salami, and then put back in the oven for a further ten minutes.
- When cooked, and the cheese has melted, take out and add the leaves and enjoy.
About this recipe
This Gram Flour Pizza recipe is courtesy of Rosalia Barresi, a Complementary Therapist & Nutritionist based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Rosalia (Ros) is the author of This Wellbeing Thing: Recipes for Wellbeing & More which is available to buy on amazon.co.uk and Blackwells.