As game season approaches, here’s a quick spiced pheasant recipe that can be enjoyed with friends and family – on it’s own as a main meal, or as part of a game sharing platter.
Prep time: 20 Mins
Cook time: 15 Mins
Yield: Serves 2
- 200ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ½ ripe mango, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 oven-ready pheasant, jointed into 2 boneless breasts and 2 legs
- 2 tbsp good quality mild curry powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Place the prepared pheasant pieces in a bowl add the curry powder and rub in well.
- Preheat the grill to its hottest setting. Place the pheasant pieces on a non-stick baking tray and rub with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place under the hot grill and cook for about eight to 10 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife or skewer, and the skin is brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the grill, cover with wrapping foil, and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with the mango and mint dressing.