Spaghetti with Asparagus, Peas, Spring Onions & Créme Fraîche Recipe
This Spaghetti with Asparagus, Peas, Spring Onions & Créme Fraîche recipe makes for a delicious weekday meal that requires little preparation and cooking time.
- 350g spaghetti
- 400g asparagus spears
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 200g frozen peas or fresh peas
- 8 tbsp (120g) créme fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated or shaved parmesan, to serve
- Put a large pan of water to boil. While you wait, trim the ends off the asparagus and cut into 2 to 3cm (1 inch) lenghts. Once the water has come up to boil, blanch the asparagus for 2-3 minutes, remove from the pan, and place in a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Cook the spaghetti in the pan with the boiling water according to the instructions on the packaging.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the spring onions and fry for 2 minutes. Add the frozen peas, stir over the heat for 2 minutes until defrosted and heated through, and then add the asparagus.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the frying pan with the créme fraîche. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss together over the heat for 1-2 minutes until everything is piping hot.
- Serve with grated or shaved parmesan, a sprinkle of fresh mint and a drizzle of olive oil.
Tip: The asparagus can be steamed in a colander or metal strainer placed over the cooking spaghetti with a lid on top.