This Sky Wave Bramble is short and fruity, and really brings out the blackberry notes in Sky Wave Gin.
- 45ml Sky Wave Gin
- 15ml Creme de Mure (Chambord is a good alternative)
- 30ml of lemon juice (fresh is best, use a little more if using a juicer)
- 15ml simple sugar syrup (such as Fruiss)
- Ice cubes
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the Sky Wave Gin, lemon juice & sugar syrup. Shake vigorously.
- Strain over fresh ice into an old fashioned glass.
- Float the Creme de Mure on top.
- Garnish with a blackberry or lemon twist if you wish.
Recipe notes by Rachel
The original Bramble was created in London in 1984 by the legendary mixologist Dick Bradsell. At the time, Bradsell worked at a bar in Soho called Fred's Club, and he wanted to create a British cocktail. Memories of going blackberrying in his childhood on the Isle of Wight provided the inspiration for the Bramble - much as our memories of purple fingers from our childhoods inspired us to use blackberries as one of our botanicals in Sky Wave Gin.