Quick and easy to make, the combination of pancetta, rabbit, leeks and wild garlic makes this wild garlic rabbit crumble a delicious and easy supper for four.
- 4 large rabbit loins
- 250g pancetta
- 40g leeks
- 30g breadcrumbs
- 20g wild garlic, chopped
- Lemon thyme
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Wrap the rabbit tightly in the pancetta and season.
- Sear the wrapped rabbit in a hot pan for a few minutes each side and set aside to rest before slicing.
- Add the wild garlic to the breadcrumbs season and mix in a little of the lemon thyme.
- Slice the leeks into ¼in rounds and sauté over a low heat with the butter. Season to taste.
- Place the leeks onto a serving plate, top with the sliced rabbit and sprinkle over some wild garlic crumble.
About this recipe
You don’t have to be an expert chef to create this elegant wild garlic rabbit crumble dish. Wrapping the loins in pancetta not only adds to the taste, but it also keeps the meat moist as it is quickly seared, then sliced. Served on a bed of sautéed leek - only use the white part to avoid any bitterness - and sprinkled with a tasty crumble of breadcrumbs flavoured with lemon thyme and wild garlic, it’s sure to impress. This recipe is so quick and easy to make, it’s ideal as an after-work meal for the friends and family. If there’s just two of you, simply halve the ingredients.