It takes a little work, but this succulent Turkey Kiev recipe with homemade wild garlic butter by Kuba Winkowski of the critically acclaimed 3 AA Rosette Cotswolds restaurant at The Feathered Nest Inn – is well worth the effort.
20 Mins + setting time 10 Mins Serves 4
Image: Courtesy of Chef Kuba Winkowski
- 400g minced turkey (chicken or pork)
- 3 eggs
- 5g salt
- 1g black pepper
- 4 x 30g wild garlic butter* (see recipe here), otherwise, use standard garlic butter or any flavoured butter you like.
- 50g seasoned flour
- 125g breadcrumbs
- Mix the minced meat with 1 egg, salt and black pepper.
- Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into a ball.
- Flatten each one into a rough rectangle 1cm thick.
- Place a portion of butter, rolled into a cylinder in the middle of the meat.
- Mould the meat around the garlic butter by folding in the sides, and then roll the edges into a sausage, making sure the butter is completely sealed inside the meat.
- Set aside in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Coat the meat with flour, then roll in the egg and finish by rolling in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a deep fat fryer or frying pan with oil at about 160°C until the outside golden, about 3 minutes.
- Finish in the oven, 180°C for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with new season English asparagus and Jersey Royal potatoes.
More from The Oxford Magazine