Choose your protein, choose your vegs, mix and match, and for a delicious Pesto Pasta dish. Customize this Pesto Pasta Recipe to your taste (or to what is in your fridge and food cupboard).
- 60g of penne pasta (per serving)
- 2 tsp spoon of pesto
- parmesan shavings
- Chicken or any leftover roasts
- Tinned Tuna
- Tinned Red Salmon
- Grilled Sardines
- a handful of baby plum tomatoes, halved
- sundried tomatoes
- a handful of spinach leaves
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Green peas
- Green beans
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente or follow instructions on the packaging. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare your choice of protein and/or veg as required.
- Stir in your chosen protein and/or veg, along with the pesto.
- To serve, dish the pesto pasta and top with parmesan shavings.
Dead easy, wasn’t it!
Mix and Match Pesto Pasta Recipe notes
I love the simplicity of this dish. It comes in handy for left over roasts which can be diced or shredded - from chicken to pork, lamb or beef - or whatever else I can lay my hands on.
I try to use fresh vegetables, but it also works with frozen veg which I microwave as per instructions on the packaging. Yes, you guessed right. This is a "just feed em with what you've got" recipe.
Feel free to add more pesto if the pasta is on the dry side. See how to make your own Fresh Basil Pesto.