Dollop a spoonful of this delicious Plum, Cranberry & Chilli Chutney alongside cheeses and a glass of something boozy, or use instead of cranberry sauce to set off roast poultry perfectly.
- 5 red chillies (medium heat), deseeded and finely chopped
- 300g dark brown soft sugar
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 550g plums (stoned and roughly chopped)
- 2 red chillies (chopped)
- 200g red onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ½ lime (juice only)
- 1tsp salt
- Place the molasses sugar, vinegar and cranberry juice in a large pan and stir over a medium-low heat, until the sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, increase the heat and bring to the boil before lowering again to a simmer. Continue to cook over a low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- The chutney is ready when the liquid has reduced and only a small amount of sticky syrup surrounds the fruit.
- Fill a sterilised jar with the hot chutney. Leave to cool and store in the fridge for up to a month.
This delicious Plum, Cranberry & Chilli Chutney is made with made with plump, juicy plums and cranberries as well as delicious unrefined molasses sugar.
Dollop a spoonful alongside cheeses and a glass of something boozy, or use instead of cranberry sauce to set off roast poultry perfectly. It makes a good Christmas gift, too.
Ideally, leave for 1 month to mature before opening.