Milton Park bus services will be extending the zones eligible for the £20 a year bus pass to include the villages of Drayton, Steventon, Sutton Courtenay and Milton.
The changes will be in place from 01 October, helping more people save money on their commute and encouraging the use of sustainable transport across Oxfordshire.
Also, through increased funding, Oxford Bus Company has further enhanced the 33 and 99 services to provide a new 22/23 service that commenced on 04 September. This will now deliver the following improved transport links:
- A direct link from Botley, Cumnor, Wootton and Shippon to Milton Park via an enhanced service 33 running every hour, seven days per week.
- A direct link from Henley and Nettlebed to Milton Park on service 23 running every hour from Monday to Friday. This incorporates the current service 99 to Great Western Park, increasing the frequency of services to every 30 minutes during peak travel times.
- The link between Wallingford and Milton Park has been increased from hourly to every 30 minutes from Monday to Friday, helping to serve the residents of the new housing at Highcroft. An hourly service to Wallingford will continue to operate on weekends and bank holidays.
In terms of zone boundaries, bus travel will be valid up to and including the following stops:
- Zone A – Steventon to Barnett Road (last bus stop on service X36 heading towards Wantage)
- Zone B – Drayton to Abingdon Road (last bus stop on service X2 heading towards Abingdon)
- Zone C – Sutton Courtenay to Appleford Road (last bus stop on service 33 heading towards Culham, passing through Milton Village)
Veronica Reynolds, Sustainability and Community Manager at Milton Park, said: “We’re committed to increasing the accessibility of sustainable and public modes of transport to those regularly travelling to Milton Park as well as people living in Didcot and the wider community.
“These bus pass zone and service enhancements will make a big difference to the day-to-day lives of local people, so we’re extremely proud to be part of the team establishing these transport improvements.”
Please visit the Oxford Bus Company website for further details and the latest bus timetables.