The new Bellhouse Building, the newest building at The Oxford Science Park, has been completed and the first tenants are expected to move by end of summer.
The Oxford Science Park (TOSP), one of the UK’s leading parks for science and technology companies, is pleased to announce that its newest facility, the 30,000 sq ft Bellhouse Building, has reached practical completion. The first occupiers are expected to move in by the end of the summer, and there is a high demand for the rest of the space. The Bellhouse Building, which was delivered on time, forms part of TOSP’s Magdalen Centre, which at 100,000 sq ft is one of the largest innovation centres in the UK.
To inspire science and technology occupiers, and in recognition of his achievements, the building was named after academic entrepreneur Professor Brian Bellhouse. Professor Bellhouse came to the University of Oxford in 1957 to read Mathematics at Magdalen College, which owns TOSP, and then gained a DPhil in the Department of Engineering Science. He became a Professor of Engineering Science in 1998. Professor Bellhouse was also one of the University’s earliest entrepreneurs, forming PowderJect in 1993 and basing the company at The Oxford Science Park.
Piers Scrimshaw-Wright, CEO of The Oxford Science Park, said, ‘The Bellhouse Building is a timely addition to the space available here as we continue to see strong demand for attractive and adaptable facilities for innovative companies. We look forward to welcoming new occupiers over the next few months. Thanks are due to everyone involved in completing the Bellhouse Building on time despite the constraints imposed by the coronavirus pandemic.’
The Bellhouse Building was designed by Bogle Architects.