Councillor Susan Brown, Leader of Oxford City Council, has announced the Cabinet appointments for 2021/22, following local elections in May.
Councillor Brown was re-elected as Leader of the Council, with Councillor Ed Turner elected as the Statutory Deputy Leader and Councillor Tom Hayes elected into the other Deputy Leader role.
Members of the Cabinet are:
- Councillor Susan Brown - Leader and Cabinet Member for Inclusive Growth, Economic Recovery, and Partnerships
- Councillor Ed Turner – Deputy Leader (Statutory), and Cabinet Member for Finance and Asset Management
- Councillor Tom Hayes - Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Green Transport and Zero Carbon Oxford
- Councillor Lubna Arshad – Cabinet Member for Parks and Waste Reduction
- Councillor Shaista Aziz – Cabinet Member for Inclusive Communities
- Councillor Diko Blackings - Affordable Housing, Housing Security, and Housing the Homeless
- Councillor Mary Clarkson - Cabinet Member for Culture, Leisure and Tourism
- Councillor Alex Hollingsworth - Cabinet Member for Planning and Housing Delivery
- Councillor Mike Rowley - Cabinet Member for Citizen Focused Services
- Councillor Louise Upton - Cabinet Member for a Safer, Healthier Oxford
The Leader’s report on the Cabinet will be presented at the Annual Council meeting on Wednesday 19 May.
Councillor Susan Brown said, “Today, I am delighted to be announcing our new roles and responsibilities for this year’s Cabinet. Over the past year, the Council’s priorities expanded to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic while also continuing to maintain our previous commitments.
“As we now lead our city through recovery from the pandemic, the Cabinet reflects how the Council will continue to support our residents, businesses and communities, as well as continuing to address our key priorities of enabling an inclusive economy, supporting thriving communities, delivering more affordable housing and tackling homelessness, and pursuing a zero carbon Oxford.”