Despite delays to ‘Freedom Day’, organisers of FitFest Oxford are going ahead with this year’s event based at Oxford City F.C., albeit on a smaller scale. The event attracts fitness and wellbeing fans and instructors from across the county and beyond to enjoy a day of classes, workshops, talks and healthy food.
The event motto ‘Think Fit, Eat Fit, Feel Fit’ aims to welcome people of all sporting abilities to try out new exercise formats or extend existing skills. Tickets start from £15, include price brackets for teenagers through to VIP packages. Those who want to bring 4 to 13 year olds along can add them to the KidsZone free of charge.
Event lead, Louise Merritt, said: “Because we have deliberately kept our event smaller than previous years, and because we have a brand new home with more than ample outdoor space as well as indoor facilities that are already Covid compliant, we are able to go ahead under current guidance.”
Event partners include Buzz Gym, who will bring their Buzz Van of equipment to lead classes, and The Oxford Food Company will be present serving delicious, healthy produce for lunch and snacks.
The headline act, Laura ‘Biceps’ Hoggins, is a renowned strength coach and personal trainer at London’s The Foundry and will be leading a class to spur interest and enthusiasm in the benefits of weight training for all.
Here’s how the event will run…
To ensure a staggered flow of people and to abide by the continuation of social distancing and for best practice, arrival times, classes, spaces and durations will be staggered.
- On entry, everyone will be asked to sanitise their hands using the sanitiser stations and to check-in using the track and trace QR code
- Face masks will be required in the indoor registration area and when using the toilets
- The majority of classes/workshops are outdoors
- Food and drink can be served as it is a licensed venue that sells food and drinks daily
- Food and drink must be consumed whilst seated
- Marketplace stands will be spread apart in line with social distancing
- Marketplace numbers will be managed in line with the capacity and social distancing requirements
- The on-site cleaners will sanitise all frequent touchpoints, including bathrooms, tables and chairs, at regular intervals
See FitFest Oxford 2021 for more information.