This decadent and gooey Chia & Dark Chocolate Cake is extra moist, rich and bursting with flavour, and even better, it’s really very easy to make.
- 150g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 baking powder
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 50ml coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl add the oil, baking powder and syrup, mix well.
- In a small bowl mix water with the milled flax seeds, whisk and leave to stand.*
- Mix in the ground almonds and coconut milk to the original mix.
- Add the flax egg. Stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, serve and enjoy with tea.
* The basic ratio is one tablespoon of milled flax seeds and three tablespoons of water. Simply whisk in the water until it becomes gelatinous, and allow the mixture to set for about 10 minutes.
About this recipe
This Gooey Chia & Dark Chocolate Cake recipe is courtesy of Rosalia Barresi, a Complementary Therapist & Nutritionist based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Rosalia (Ros) is the author of This Wellbeing Thing: Recipes for Wellbeing & More which is available to buy on amazon.co.uk and Blackwells.