Nocellara olives, homemade nut pesto, Friarelli, sunblush tomatoes and Fior di latte cheese, what’s not to love about this freshly made Neapolitan style pizza by The Pizza Boys Bicester.
IngredientsFor the pesto
- 1 large bunch Fresh Basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g toasted pine nuts
- 150g Parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Toast the pine nuts with a little olive oil under the grill to release extra flavour from the nuts.
- In a food processor or pestle and mortar, mix the basil (stems and leaves) with the lemon juice/ Parmesan, toasted pine nuts & gradually add the olive oil till the mixture is combined well but not overly wet, the consistency should be spreadable.
- Add to the pizza base, then top with Friarelli, olives sunblush tomatoes and Fior di latte cheese.
- If you are using a conventional oven, get it as hot as possible for a good 30 minutes before cooking, and have your pizza stone in there heating.
- Once the pizza is out the oven, finish with a good grating of fresh Parmesan.
- You'll find our recipe on how to make a basic Neapolitan style pizza base here.
About this recipe
This Pesto, Friarelli & Sun Blushed Tomato Pizza Recipe is courtesy of The Pizza Boys Bicester.
Using only the finest Italian ingredients complimented with quality locally sourced produce, they specialise in creating Neapolitan style pizzas for all manner of events, from Birthdays to Weddings and parties to farmers markets.
Don't fancy making the pizza yourself?
You can catch The Pizza Boys Bicester at their first pop up restaurant in collaboration with the guys at The Angel Bicester every Wednesday and Friday from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
You can follow The Pizza Boys Bicester on instagram at @thepizzaboysbicester