Discover how to make a Salted Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe. This Salted Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Cheesecake is sinfully decadent yet fruity and refreshing. It’s not too sweet, but it is quite rich, so a small slice will go a long way.
IngredientsFor the dough
- 26 Oreo cookies
- 125g of butter, melted
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- 700g cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 40g of cocoa
- 125g double cream cream
- 270g sugar
- 250g double cream
- 150g melted dark chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- 500g fresh raspberries
- Icing sugar
For the dough
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a 26cm non-stick springform cake tin.
- In the hand mixer chopping bowl, lightly break the biscuits, add the melted butter and blitz everything to form fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour the contents into the cake tin.
- With the back of a spoon, press well until a compact base is formed.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream for the cheesecake.
For the cream
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl and start softening it well with the whisk.
- Add the sugar and whisk everything until it is smooth and velvety.
- Add the cocoa and mix well.
- When it is fully incorporated, crack in the eggs one at a time, waiting for the previous one to be completely incorporated into the mixture.
- Keep mixing until you get a thick, creamy consistency and then add the chocolate.
- When it is well incorporated, add the cream and continue whipping everything until you get a fairly firm consistency. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, on top of the biscuit base and bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 90 minutes. The cheesecake will be ready when it has doubled in size, has cracks on the surface and has a soft but firm texture.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache by melting the chocolate in a water bath. Let it cool, and then add the cream. Start whipping everything well until the mixture is frothy and firm. It will take a few minutes, but the more the dough is worked, the more tonic it will be. At this point, add salt if you prefer.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, washed and dried with a cloth.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and the cheesecake is ready to be enjoyed with those you love!
About this recipe
The ingredient list for this Salted Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Cheesecake recipe may seem pretty long, but don’t let that scare you off.
Most of the ingredients are household staples, and the rest are pretty easy to find. Plus, this is a special occasion cheesecake recipe that is worthy of that little extra effort.