Spring Pea Panzanella Salad Recipe
We love salads and we love bread. So it’s perfectly fitting how much we adore this bread salad, or panzanella, as it’s called in Italian from Le Pain Quotidien.
- 3 cups organic wheat bread croutons
- Fresh Mozzarella, diced
- 4 cups wild rocket
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spring peas, thawed
- 1/2 English seedless cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the bread into quarter-sized pieces and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the croutons with the remaining ingredients, reserving the rocket for later. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add rocket, toss and serve.
This Spring Pea Panzanella Salad is based on a traditional Tuscan salad typically made with tomatoes – but for a seasonal twist swap out the tomatoes for energising, nutrient-packed spring peas.
More from The Oxford Magazine