Image: Le Pain Quotidien
- 3 cups organic wheat bread croutons
- Fresh Mozzarella, diced
- 4 cups wild rocket
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spring peas, thawed
- 1/2 English seedless cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the bread into quarter-sized pieces and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the croutons with the remaining ingredients, reserving the rocket for later. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add rocket, toss and serve.
This Spring Pea Panzanella Salad is based on a traditional Tuscan salad typically made with tomatoes – but for a seasonal twist swap out the tomatoes for energising, nutrient-packed spring peas.