These Super Easy Oaty Bites are easy to make and jam-packed full of fibre. They also contribute to one of your five a day and have healthy fats and protein.
- 120g Oats
- 160g Wholemeal Flour
- 40g Sultanas
- 20g Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice or Cinnamon
- 100g Carrot
- 50g Honey
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g Butter
- Weigh out sultanas, boil some water in a pan, add the sultanas to the boiled water and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170℃.
- Weigh out the oats, wholemeal flour, sunflower seeds, spice, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Grate the carrot.
- Melt the butter on low heat.
- Pour off excess water from sultanas.
- Add carrot and butter to the flour bowl, along with the honey and sultanas.
- Then get your fingers messy! Start mixing to combine everything together well.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into little balls.
- Place on baking paper, flatten a little and then pop into the oven for approximately 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool, then munch away.
Recipe notes by Elizabeth Gibbs
These Oaty Bites are super easy to make and make a great healthy addition to the school lunch box. If you are worried that the cookies might be too grainy, simply throw some, or all, of the oats and sunflower seeds into a food processor and grind into a powder, then follow the recipe.