Tomato, Feta & Lentil Salad Recipe
This Tomato, Feta & Lentil Salad – from the Leon cookbook, Happy Soups – is the perfect midsummer salad. Lentils are fantastic for fuelling long days, and even longer nights.
- 100g cooked lentils
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons French vinaigrette
- 3 semi-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 30g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 30g feta, crumbled
- A handful of rocket
- 1 tablespoon toasted seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 a clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Mix the lentils with the cucumber and dill in a bowl.
- Season and dress with the vinaigrette, then top with the other ingredients.
You can turn this into the LEON Ruby Mackerel Salad by leaving out the tomatoes and feta. Instead, add 100g of flaked smoked mackerel and a tablespoon each of pomegranate seeds and blueberries.
More from The Oxford Magazine