With its deliciously moist middle, this easy to make Vegan Chocolate Chip, Almond Butter and Maca Cake is definitely a crowd-pleaser.
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Maca powder
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 50ml almond milk
- In a large bowl mix the rapeseed oil, baking powder, chocolate chips and almond butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milled flaxseed with some water.*
- Add this to the almond butter mixture and mix well.
- Add the ground almonds, the almond milk and stir until very well combined.
- Transfer to a lined loaf tin and cook in a preheated oven for forty minutes at 160°C.
* The basic ratio is one tablespoon of milled flax seeds and three tablespoons of water. Simply whisk in the water until it becomes gelatinous, and allow the mixture to set for about 10 minutes.
About this recipe
This Vegan Chocolate Chip, Almond Butter and Maca Cake recipe is courtesy of Rosalia Barresi, a Complementary Therapist & Nutritionist based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Rosalia (Ros) is the author of This Wellbeing Thing: Recipes for Wellbeing & More which is available to buy on amazon.co.uk and Blackwells.