These incredibly delicious chocolate swirl pancakes are a fresh twist on the classic pancake, using Nutella as an additional indulgent ingredient.
- 150g cake flour, sifted (see recipe notes)
- 3 medium eggs, beaten until light and fluffy
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 480ml to 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 120ml Nutella©, melted
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the sugar and beaten eggs.
- Add the milk gradually and beat to a smooth and creamy consistency. Add the melted butter and swirl in the Nutella®.
- Wipe the surface of a 28cm Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Crêpe Pan with a little oil and heat gently on a medium heat setting turning to a low to medium setting when the required temperature is reached.
- Pour just enough batter to thinly cover the surface of the pan. Lightly brown the pancake on one side, then turn and brown on the other.
- Slide the pancake from the pan and stack as they are cooked and cover loosely with a piece of aluminium foil to keep them warm until you are ready to serve them.
- Serve as soon as possible after cooking.
Who doesn't love a pancake? These incredibly delicious chocolate swirl pancakes, brought to you by Le Creuset, are a fresh twist on the classic pancake, using Nutella as an additional indulgent ingredient. They are super easy to make and equally delightful to eat!
Cake flour is a finely milled, very low protein flour (usually 8 to 10% protein levels) that is used for cakes. It is also bleached and produces cakes that rise more with a fluffier, tender texture.
Cake flour is NOT “self-raising flour,” and it is NOT “sponge flour.” The closest thing would be “plain flour,” sifted with a little cornflour to help reduce the protein content. In other words, most cake flour does not contain raising agents so is not self-raising.
To add cornflour - for each cup of plain flour remove 2 tablespoons of flour and replace this with 2 tablespoons cornflour. Or in metric terms use 105g plain flour plus 20g cornflour per 125g flour in the recipe.
Finally, when you add the Nutella to your pancake batter, be sure to just swirl it into the mixture. Don’t mix it in too enthusiastically or you will lose the dramatic swirly effect.
About this recipe
This vanilla pancakes recipe is courtesy of Le Creuset UK.
Le Creuset Outlet Store
Unit 128D, 50 Pringle Drive, Bicester Village,
Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6WD
You'll find your nearest Le Creuset store at lecreuset.co.uk